Who Are We?
Speakeasy is a secret society of Atlanta business executives that meet monthly to network, make new friends, and just relax over a fine cigar and your favorite libation. Our goal is to create a warm, relaxing environment that facilitates deeper social connections with a limited group of high quality individuals.
What Do We Do?
Speakeasy members meet monthly at exclusive venues all over Metro Atlanta known only to members. We do not wear nametags, but red carnations instead. This was inspired by the HBO show Boardwalk Empire character Nucky Thompson, who has a fresh red carnation delivered to wear on his suit every day. Speakeasy is not a traditional networking event. The passing of business cards, is frowned upon and generally prohibited in the first hour of the vent. This is not a sales event. This is an event for business owners and executives to convene, relax and share ideas. How Do You Get In?
Minimum Criteria for Membership
All members are personally approved by the Head Aficionado and founder, Chad Massaker, and should meet one or more of the following criteria:
- C-Level business executives
- Business owner of 5+ years with 3+ employees
- Business consultant or solopreneur of at least 5 years who’s clients are primarily businesses (not consumers)
- Sales People (I want to see many years in industry and get a feeling that you’re not joining to sell)
- Exceptional People (known artists or art collectors, popular athletes, collectors, etc.)
- Business-to-Consumer Executives (owners of high-end car dealerships are welcome, owners of the corner bakery – not so much)
- B2C Business Owners Who Are Clearly Investors. If you own 1 McDonald’s – you’re not getting in – you own a job running a restaurant. If you own 10, I’ll think about it.
Strictly Prohibited From Joining:
Multi-Level Marketers of Any Kind
Most Business-to-Consumer Businesses
Did I not cover your profession? Just note that in your application notes. Don’t worry, we will vet you, as we do with every applicant.
This is not a men-only group. We encourage women to join as well, but prefer that they be cigar smokers (best case) or cigar tolerant (worst case). We even have a females-only cigar group within Speakeasy called the La Femme Cigar Society.